Friday, September 20, 2013
September 20 - Wellsville Camping
We decided to throw in one more camping trip. We didn't want to go far, since Eric wouldn't be getting home from work until almost 8:00. I had a few things to throw in the trailer, but I decided to hurry and do a half bushel of peaches before he got home. I was cutting it so close, cause as soon as he pulled in the driveway I was pulling the last bottles out of the water bath. He just rolls his eyes at me. I try to cram too much into my day, but knew the peaches would not be good by the time we got home on Sunday, so they had to be done.
We pulled into the spot at Wellsville Reservoir just before dark. We set up camp and then just hung out in the trailer. Eric and the kids played Farkle while I put labels on pictures. I had recently printed over a years worth of pictures (750) that needed to be labeled and put in photo albums. That was my project for the weekend.
Saturday, the kids went for a bike ride around the reservoir while I walked around 5 times, which ended up being just under 3 miles. It is a very nice paved trail around the water. Eric and Parker ran to the gas station so they could go fishing later. Then Maisie and I went into town so I could get more photo sheets. I really wanted to get my photos in the binders, so I didn't have to worry about it.
It was about 3:00 when we decided to go fishing. Parker caught one right off the bat. We didn't catch any more. It was pretty windy and hard to keep the line tight or cast out in the water. I made crusted chicken and spaghetti with tomatoes and zucchini and then cooked the fish. It was my first time cooking fish and it turned out really good.
We had a fire, but not for very long. It became really windy and we were worried about the ashes blowing everywhere and starting a fire. That night I didn't sleep hardly at all. I was half tempted to have Eric pack up the trailer and go home in the middle of the night. It felt like the trailer was going to blow over the whole night. We packed up in the morning and was home by about 11:00.
When the camping season comes to an end, I am sad, but relieved in a way. There are a ton of things I want to get done around the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment