Friday, September 13, 2013

September 13 - 15, 2013

I was so looking forward to the weekend. It has been a long week. Eric picked up the kids at 1:00 from school, so I was able to go straight home. I wanted to go over to my sister's for the night, but Eric wanted me to come home. Cause apparently I entertain him and he is bored if I am not home. I had to laugh at that. Not sure why when I am home nobody is bored, cause they all sit on the couch and watch tv while I am busy running around doing house stuff. I had picked a big bowl of tomatoes the night before, so I was debating on making a half batch of salsa. I also have about 12 zucchini's out of the garden, so Maisie convinced me to make zucchini bread. While it was in the oven, Maisie and I ran to the store to buy peppers for the salsa. When we got home, I prepared the tomatoes and peppers, so that in the morning all I had to do was put it in the pan and cook it. I must be getting old, cause I just can not stay up late any more. We were all in bed by about 10:00. I woke up about 8:00 Saturday and put the salsa in the pan to start cooking. I decided to go for a two mile walk and then when I got home, I finished getting everything ready for the salsa. Parker had been begging me all morning to take him to Walmart so he could by the Ninja Turtle van with his birthday money. I told him we weren't going until 1:00 and that was just forever. We went to Walmart and got his van and then went to Macey's to pick up his birthday cake to take to grandma's later that night. We headed to my parents at about 6:00 for cake and ice cream. It was much easier having cake and ice cream at my parent's rather than making everyone come over to our house. Everyone is so busy on Saturday's it just worked out to do it later Saturday evening. We left my parents about 10:00 to come home. Sunday we spent the morning cleaning the house and doing laundry. My Sunday's are usually not relaxing days. That is the day that I choose to do the laundry and clean the house. It just ends up being the best day for me. That way I can enjoy my Friday and Saturday and then clean the house to get ready for the week ahead. I got the kids to help me out a bit and then we were able to relax the rest of the day.

No comments: