Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Maisie starts 5th grade

I can not believe my little Maisie Moo is starting 5th grade. It seems like just yesterday I was dropping her off for her first day of kindergarten. This will be her last year of school at Edith Bowen. It has been such a joy having her in school right next door to my work. She has been able to ride to work with me and home with me since she was in 1st grade. I will miss those car rides. Maisie was very excited to start 5th grade this year. It is fun to be the oldest grade in school. They seem to get to do a lot more things than the other grades. She lucked out and her best friends are in her class, Maddie, Olivia, & Sadie. Maisie has already kicked in her motherly instincts and is already worrying about leaving Parker all alone next year. She likes to keep in on task and she worries that he is going to get lost or forget to do things. Which is probably partially true, but I reassured her that he needs to grow up eventually. This is the only year they will be in all day school and attend the same school. Makes me a little sad that they won't be in the same school again. They enjoy looking out for each other or bossing each other around.
To my sweet Maisie, My beautiful Maisie Moo, you are turning into such a beautiful young lady. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing you home from the hospital, time has gone by way too fast and sometimes I wish I could just freeze time for a just a little bit. You are truly amazing and such a kind heart. You are always thinking of others and worry about their feelings. You are going to be such a great mother one day. Your dream is to one day be teacher. I really hope you follow your dream, cause you will be a great teacher one day. I love you with all of my heart and only hope and wish the best for you. Don't ever forget that. Love you, Mom

No comments: