Friday, August 9, 2013

August 9 - Camping

Our last camping trip before school starts. We hope to go a couple more times, but the kids start school in 10 days. I can not believe the summer is coming to an end. It has gone by so fast. Maisie and Parker have enjoyed their summer. For the most part, they have stayed home and loved being lazy. In the evenings, they run around the neighborhood with all the neighbor kids. They get along so well with all of them. I love that the neighborhood is filled with kids their age.

Eric and the kids went up the canyon earlier in the day on Friday. I drove up after work so I could come home for work on Monday. When I got up there Maisie and I decided to go on hike/walk up a four-wheeler road for 2 miles. I made chicken stir-fry for dinner and then we enjoyed an evening around the fire.

Saturday morning after breakfast, I talked Maisie into going on a bike ride. Round trip it ended up being about 3.5 miles. I was able to push her to keep going until it started to be all up hill. She did a really good job keeping up. Later that afternoon, we decided to go down the canyon and do the Limber Pine Trail which is 1.3 miles round trip and then drove down to Bear Lake for some yummy shakes. We learned from the last time, to get small shakes. Which was the perfect size. We did some exploring around the mountain and checked out where some of the roads go and then went back to camp to try cooking ribs again. This time around they turned out really good and we didn't burn them. The key was cooking them on top of tin-foil, so the grease didn't start another fire. They took a while to cook, but they were really good when they were down. 







Parker jamming out to some music. He loves his music.




Eric practiced throwing a ball back and forth to Parker working on his catching skills. 







Parker couldn't decide if he wanted to come home with me on Sunday or not. He kept going back and forth whether he wanted to stay or go with me. What it boiled down to is he didn't want dad to make him eat a hamburger for dinner. I finally just told him he was coming home with me. We left Sunday about 12:00, so we could go home and shower and get ready to go to my Grandma and Grandpa Hendrickson's for their 60th Wedding Anniversary celebration.

Maisie and Eric came home Monday morning. They got home about 10:00.

No comments: