Sunday, September 21, 2014

Weekend Home

We finally spent a weekend home and it was very nice. I don't think we have had a weekend where we didn't do much for close to 6 weeks.

Friday, September 19, I made a batch of raspberry jam. We love raspberry jam and grow through it pretty fast. I knew we wouldn't have enough to get us through the next year, so at the last minute I decided to make a couple of batches.

Saturday, September 20, Maisie and I got up early. She wanted to go shopping with me, so I made her go to Weight Watchers. Good thing I took her, cause she drew my name out of a bag and I won the WW salad bowl. It was kind of funny that she picked my name. After WW, we went to the farmer's market. I haven't been to the farmer's market in a couple of years and I wanted to get a couple of fresh produce. I bought some peppers and cucumbers. Then we went to Sam's and got some groceries, and then Wal-mart, and Macey's. We got home in time to put the groceries away and then went to Shannon's daughter, Jana's, baby shower. She is having a baby girl the first part of November. She got a lot of fun cute girly things.

While we were out shopping and at the baby shower, Eric and Parker went for a drive up Providence canyon. They found a fun waterfall that I think I might have to go see for some possible photo shoots.

We grilled chicken for dinner and then after wards we invited Sallie over and had a fire. We have been so busy lately that we haven't seen much of her. It was good to get to visit. We also got to meet our new neighbors. They have three kids and a new baby. The three older kids were not afraid to ask if they could join us by the fire. They are some very smart and energetic kids. They had fun playing in the wood pile and building furniture and a house. Parker was a little hesitant to play with them, but by the end of the evening he was playing and interacting with them. There mom came over a little while later and we got to meet and visit with her for a little bit. They seem like really nice people. Her husband his an orthodontist and happens to be Maisie's ortho's nephew. He will be working in the same office, so we will get to seem him when we go in for Maisie's appts.

Sunday, September 21, I spent most of the day doing homework. I am trying to get caught up in my math class. I need to be taking my first exam in the next few days and have been trying to study for it. The neighbor kids came over and played with Parker for a couple of hours. We did our usually Sunday stuff of laundry and cleaning and just enjoyed the day and didn't go any where. It was very nice.

No comments: