Labor Day Weekend
Eric had to work the whole weekend, but I still wanted to do
something with the kids. A couple months ago, Shannon and I talked about
planning somewhere to go camping. We decided on Downata Hot Springs up past
Preston. This was the first time I have
pulled our new trailer. It pulls a lot better than our other trailer. The only
part I couldn’t do was back it in.
We left Logan at about 6:00 Friday evening. I took my time
getting up there. Shannon’s husband, Mark, was kind enough to back my trailer
into our spot. Thank goodness he is good at backing up, because the spots were
very tight. We got all situated and were just hanging out by the fire, when
Kyle and Misty pulled up. They didn’t get there until about 9:30. We got them
all situated and then the camp host came and told me I was in the wrong spot.
So we had to move my trailer on the other side of Shannon. Kyle hooked up his
truck and we pulled it around. We got it all set up again right before all the
vehicles started parking on the road, which would have been impossible to back
it in with all the cars on the road. We finally got to bed about 11:00. The
campground was still really noisy with all the people still up. Everyone
settled down about midnight.
Saturday, Shannon and Mark fixed breakfast. We always plan
meals together, which makes it so nice and easy. They fixed breakfast and
dinner on Saturday and Misty and I cooked breakfast and dinner on Sunday. After
breakfast, the kids were begging to go swimming. Thank goodness the pool was warm, because it
was pretty cloudy and chilly. We swam
for a couple of hours and then took a break. My friend and Shannon’s niece,
Krista and her son Kendrick, came up Saturday night. We all went back to the
pool after dinner and swam for another hour and a half. I think the kids could
swim all day long.
Sunday, we fixed scones, sausage, scrambled eggs, and fruit
for breakfast. After we got breakfast all cleaned up, we decided to go for a
drive to Twin Lakes. It was about a 25-minute drive toward Preston. I have never
been there and wanted to see what kind of camping spots they had there. It
looks like it would be a fun place to camp, especially when it is really hot
and the kids could play in the water.
When we got back to camp we all got ready to go swimming again. The pool
was a lot warmer today. The kids swam and the adults just floated around. That
is my kind of pool. I hate cold pools. We got out about 5:00 to go fix dinner.
As we were leaving the pool, my friend Michelle and her family were just
getting there and checking in. They had rented a cabin. They joined us for
dinner. We fixed baked potatoes with sweet pork, broccoli, and Olive Garden
Salad and we fed about 18 people for dinner. It is fun going with such good
friends and family. After dinner, we just sat around the fire and visited and
played a few games. The kids enjoyed playing on the playground and in the sand.
Downata is definitely a place for kids. If we didn’t have kids, it would be
pretty annoying. There were kids and people everywhere, but they have a lot of
things to do.
Sunday, we fixed french toast and pancakes and then packed
up to head home. I talked Kyle into going through Logan, so he could back my
trailer into my driveway. What a nice brother. We got home about 1:30, then we
started on laundry and unpacking. I had quite a bit of homework I needed to do
to. This semester is going to be very time consuming. My math 1010 class just
takes a lot of time to watch the lectures and work through he problems.
No comments:
Post a Comment