Saturday, August 2, 2014

August 2, 2014

Today I went to Weight Watchers in Logan. Last week I decided I need a change in pace and something to motivate me to stay on track and track what I eat. The instructor at the Logan center is really good and has a lot of energy and enthusiasm, which is exactly what I need. I think this is going to be a great Saturday morning routine for me. The meeting starts at 9:00 and then I go do my grocery shopping. Today I went to Sam's, Walmart, and Maceys and was home by about noon. I told Maisie that if she got her chores done I would take her back into town to get her school supplies. Well it turned into more of a shopping day. Parker decided to stay home and play while Eric was sleeping. It was nice to go out and spend time with Maisie. She really enjoyed shopping and just being with her mamma. It made me realize how much this kind of time means to her.

I told her up front she had $100 to spend on school clothes. I had to remind her that I spent $100 last month on clothes. At first she was mad, but then I could see her strategically planning what she could get and how she was going to spend this $100. I am for sure going to do this from now on. It makes her get only the things she really wants and is teaching her a good lesson.

We got her school supplies at Walmart and then she tried on a couple of outfits and shoes. Then we decided to go to Payless to look at there shoes. She then informed me that she couldn't decide on the shoes without the right pair of pants, so we headed to Old Navy to pick up a pair of skinny jeans, but on the way we got distracted and stopped at Chugz to get a drink, well there soda machine was temporarily not working for a second, so we went to Twizlberry and got a small frozen yogurt while we waited for our soda. We also walked through Plato's closet, were she decided she could get some really cute clothes for really cheap, so we have to go back there. Then back to Payless to try on shoes. After trying on lots of shoes, she ended up getting a pair of blue and white slip-ons and some silver flip flops. Then we rushed home to cook dinner for Eric before he had to go to work. We had a lot of fun shopping and spending time together and she is looking forward to going shopping at Gordman's in Ogden later this week with her cousin Madison.

Later, I went for a walk with Giselle, my walking buddy, and then enjoyed an episode of Glee with the kids before heading to bed.

No comments: