Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July 1, 2014

It is so hard to believe it is already July. The summer is flying by and the year is half over. We have been super busy. The kids were with my parents last week at the cabin. The house was very quiet, but it was nice to have some alone time with just me and Eric. There have only be one or two times that we have ever been apart from our kids. Not even to go to the movies. We tend to not do things without our kids.

Friday, June 27th we worked on pulling everything out of the trailer to get ready for the new one. We are getting really excited to get it. We are suppose to pick it up on July 8th. It was a really hard decision, but it is what we love to do. We have to look at it as an investment in our vacations and memories. The kids are really excited too. Afterwards, we went over to Sallie's and visited for a bit. We didn't stay long cause I needed to get to bed, so I could wake up at 5 to go running with Giselle. We ran 5 miles, the longest I have ever ran and I did it and it wasn't so bad. We are hoping to do the Top of Utah half marathon in August. I am a little nervous, but excited at the same time. Probably a little crazy too.

Saturday, June 28th, I took my Psychology quiz and worked on a little homework and then we went to town. Sallie and Jerry came with us and we showed them our new trailer. They loved it and are so excited for us. When I got home I made beer bread and a salad for a BBQ with Sallie and Jerry. We had a great time visiting and enjoying each others company. By 10:00 I was so tired. I can't stay up late any more now that I get up most mornings at 5:15. Maisie had called me earlier and they were leaving Richfield at about 7:30. Since they were getting home so late, I told her I would pick her up at grandma's first thing in the morning. She was ready to come home and a little home sick.

Sunday, June 29th, I woke up at 7:30 and headed over to my parents to get the kids. My dad cooked waffles and then we headed back home. It was so good to see them and nice to have the chaos back in the house. I spent most of the day doing laundry and homework. I am a little stressed right now with my English class. This research paper is just stressing me out. I am not a writer and so it is very hard for me to formulate a paper. I will get through it one way or another. I told the kids I would take them swimming since they were gone for so long. Maisie called her friend, Siena, and we met her at the pool at 2:00. I thought we would only be there til 4:00, but the kids were not ready to leave. Parker wanted to go Transformers 4 with Eric, so I ran him home at 4:00 and then went back and picked up Maisie. Maisie and I went to Subway for dinner and I happen to lock my keys in the car. I have a really bad habit of locking the car with the door instead of my keys, so if I happen to be doing something before getting out of the car, I sometimes set them down and then forget to pick them back up. Thank goodness for AAA. We had to wait for an hour for someone to come let us in the car. Afterwards, we went to Kohl's and Maisie was in heaven trying on a bunch of clothes. She ended up getting a couple of outfits for school. She just is so fashionable and loves clothes. Then we went to Walmart for a few things and then headed home. Eric and Parker were already home and they told us they loved the movie and were so glad they went.

No comments: