Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July

Me and the kids had a fun 4th of July weekend filled with friends, family, and BBQ's. It started Friday, July 4th. I got up and went walking with my friend, Giselle. We walked 7 miles. When I got home I laid down for a little bit, and then we got ready to go to the Hyrum parade at my good friend, Michelle's. She lives on main street in Hyrum and it has been tradition for many years in her family to invite family and friends for a pot luck BBQ luncheon. We watch the parade and then eat lunch. I talked the kids into riding our bikes to 4.5 miles to Hyrum. We made it, but it took longer than I thought and we missed most of the parade. Oh well. Apparently it's a gradual hill the whole way. We had to take a few breaks on the way and by the time we got there, Parker was done. He barely made it the last block. Once we got there he was happy camper. We stayed for a couple of hours and then headed home. Going home was a breeze. It took us half the time and made it home in about 35 minutes. I was exhausted by this time and had to lay on the floor for a bit and then got up the energy to get ready for the next BBQ at my parent's.  We didn't get over there until about 5:00. The kids swam in the pool and we enjoyed a light BBQ and hung out. Shanna and her kids were there for a little bit and then Jarom and Launa's little family and my Grandparent's Hendrickson were there. It was good visiting with them. The kids did sparklers and then we headed home.

Saturday, July 5th I woke up early and Giselle and I ran/walked/hiked 6 miles up towards Millville. I stayed up way too late the night before so this run was hard. When I got home I was so tired I had to lay back down for about an hour. The rest of the day I had very little energy and had to lay back down again in the afternoon. Regina invited us over for BBQ at 6:30. We had a great time visiting with friends that we haven't seen in a long time. Now that the kids don't go to daycare at her house we hardly see them any more. It was really fun to visit with them. They shot off some fireworks for the kids. Then we went home and I crashed. I slept in the next morning and took it easy.

Sunday, July 6th we spent the day doing laundry and cleaning the house. Just our usual Sunday.

Monday, July 7th, I had to take Parker to Primary Children's for his annual visit with his metabolic Dr. He was such a trooper and did great. He was making jokes and the Dr. teased him and said she was writing on his papers that he is a "goofball." We got his labs taken and he was one tough boy. He watched them draw blood and didn't cry a tear. He was more worried about getting his toy car afterwards, which they forgot to offer him and so I promised him I would take him to get one. We went to Bountiful and ate at McDonald's and went to Shopko for his car and then went to Costco for a few things and then headed home. We were home by about 3:00. Maisie stayed home and hung out with her friend, Emma. She is growing up so fast and wants to hang out with friends all the time.

No comments: