December 11, 2013
Then later that night, he was in his room, cause he knew I was mad. I here him telling Maisie, "don't tell mom." I go barging in there, "don't tell mom, what?" They both stare at me with fear in their eyes. "Tell me now." Maisie hands me a grocery bag of lego's from my mom's. Apparently, he took them from my mom's without asking. We had to have a little talk about taking things that are not ours. Doesn't matter who's house or who's stuff it is. We do not take things that are not ours. He cries and tells me he didn't know. Yeah, whatever. So he got grounded from his ipad for another week. I told him to look at the Christmas count down. 14 days til Christmas. I asked him how many days there are in two weeks. "14". Guess what, "you get your ipad back on Christmas. I will just wrap it up and you can get it back for Christmas." He was not very happy, but I was so mad at this point. The ipad was the only thing that I knew would torture him. He has become so addicted to that thing that it is driving me crazy.
Then Friday, when I go to pick him from after school club, one of the after school club teachers comes up to me and says. I need to tell you what happened today. Oh great! So apparently he walked by another volunteer and hit her on the butt. OMG!!!! I looked at Parker and gave him the evil eye. He had know idea why I was mad at him. I told him why he was in trouble and the whole ride home I could tell he had know idea that he had even done anything wrong. So again, I took him to his room and we had a talk about what is appropriate behavior and what is not. We should not be touching people in inappropriate ways. Our bodies are our's and we shouldn't allow others to touch them. I had to calm down from this one and use it as a teaching moment. I could tell he had no idea he had done anything wrong. The next week the school counselor also had a little talk with him and I think that helped.
It was a rough week, but we made it through. I think a lot of it is anticipation for Christmas. I remember Maisie having a rough time in first grade. I think at this age they are trying to learn their independence and what is appropriate and what is not. I guess it is all about growing up.
No comments:
Post a Comment