Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Maisie at Teton Science School

October 8 - 11, 2013

Maisie got to go on her first trip alone without family. At Edith Bowen Lab School, they plan a 5th grade science trip. I love that they do this for the kids. I wish my elementary school would have done something like this for us. She was a little nervous about going and wanted to pack for the trip way in advance. She did a very good job packing all her stuff. She did most of it while I was in Vegas. I dropped her off at the school at 7:15 and saw her off. It was a little hard sending your little girl off in the care of others, but it has to happen at some point. The staff that went did a great job of uploading photos of what the kids were doing each day. That was definitely reassuring knowing that they were having a great time and were safe. They arrived back to Logan Saturday night about 7:00. They were suppose to call us when they were going to be back, but I never got the call, so she got a ride from a friend who lives a few streets over from us. I was busy taking photos for a senior and couldn't come get her. Maisie was sad to see that Parker wasn't at home, he got invited to stay the night at my parents. She had a great time on her trip, but was glad to be home in her warm bed. We were glad to have her back too. The house was too quiet without her.













No comments: