Friday, July 26, 2013

July 26-28th

I love summer nights. We enjoyed Friday evening with the company of Sallie. We just hung out on the back patio and visited. 

Saturday, it was a nice cool day with a few sprinkles. We planted a couple of new trees and pretty much weeded the whole yard. It was nice to have a cooler day to get some stuff done in the yard. Maisie made some chocolate chip cookies. I haven't made cookies from scratch in a few years. I tried teaching her the order and reason for mixing certain ingredients together. It was a good lesson for both of us. I BBQ'd some yummy hamburgers with mushrooms and onions. Then later that evening we built a fire in the backyard and put up the tiki torches. Sallie joined us for a evening of enjoying the fire.

Sunday, we didn't do a whole lot. Laundry, cleaning the house, and relaxing. We finished cooking the rest of the hamburgers and cooked some yummy zucchini from our garden. Later I went for a short run. It felt really good. Haven't been running in a couple of weeks and it started to sprinkle which felt really refreshing. 

No comments: