The kids didn't have school today for parent teacher conference. Maisie has been planning for the last couple of weeks to cook dinner for the family for Valentine's Day. She was so excited and could hardly stand it. It was so sweet of her. She made cupcakes, rigatoni's, green salad, and garlic bread. Eric is on grave yards, so she had to be very quiet while she was cooking. He had know idea that she was doing this. She kept calling me all worried that he was going to wake up before she was done and she gave me specific instructions to be home by 4:30. He woke up at 4 and she called me all freaking out cause she wasn't ready yet. I had to reassure it that it was fine. She just needed to tell him what she was doing, so he wouldn't go ahead and eat. He couldn't believe that she was doing this for the family. It was very cute. After dinner, Eric went to work and I finished editing pictures.
Jarom and Launa had their baby today. What a fun Valentine's gift. Launa had been having contractions through the night, so when she went in for her scheduled dr.'s appointment they decided to admit her. She has to have c-sections. After Lincoln was born, he had fluid on his lungs, so they immediately put him in NICU. So far, he is a little fighter, but developed pneumonia on Monday, February 17th. We are all hoping and praying for a fast recover. I can't imagine having to leave your baby in the hospital.
Saturday, I got up and went to zumba. A little while later, I had to run to the bank at Lee's and happened to run into Jarom in the parking lot. I talked to him for a few minutes about baby Lincoln. While I was in Lee's, Launa texted me and asked if I could bring her a couple of things. So I ran up to the hospital. Lincoln was still doing about the same. Then me and the kids went and hung out at Shanna's. We had planned to scrapbook, but ended up just visiting and hanging out. Misty and Madison also came out. We didn't leave their house until close to midnight. I haven't stayed up that late in a long time.
Sunday, Maisie got invited to have a sleepover at her friend Iris's. I dropped her off at about 1:00 and then Parker and I ran some errands. The rest of the day Parker and I just hanged out. He watched a couple of movies on the TV and I watched Awaken and August: Osage County on the computer. Then when we went to bed, I watched a couple episodes of Parenthood. I have really enjoyed this series. It was getting so good, I couldn't stop watching them. I don't think I went to bed until after 1:00.
Monday, I picked up Maisie at noon and then we just relaxed. We were pretty lazy. I decided instead of going to the gym I would just go for a walk. It was actually pretty nice weather. I talked Maisie into going with me. We did the 4 mile loop. It took some convincing, but I talked her into it. It is a lot easier when I have company. While we were gone, I had ribs cooking in the oven. After dinner, we went over to Sallie's. We haven't seen her in a while. It is crazy how we all become hermits in the winter. It is just too dang cold to go outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment