A couple of weeks ago my cousin Steve called and asked if I would be interested in taking pictures at his wedding at the cabin. I had to move a few things around, but got everything arranged so I could go. It was a quick trip, but a lot of fun. We weren't able to leave until Eric got home at 7:30 p.m. Friday night, so we didn't get to the cabin until 1:30 a.m. Shanna met us in Brigham City and rode with us. I think we drove Eric crazy because we talked the whole way down. He can not understand how women have so much to talk about. Maisie had gone down the day before with grandma and grandpa. It had been raining all day on friday and somebody was nice enough to set up our tent so we didn't have to do it in the dark. We nestled into bed about 2:00 a.m. We got up, ate breakfast, and decided to got to Barney Lake and go fishing for a little while. We piled in the trucks and drove over there. My dad caught a 22 inch tiger muskie. It took awhile to get it in, but was a beauty once we got it on the bank. Of course, once we got back to the cabin and it was getting closer to the wedding it started pouring and lightning. The thunderstorms scare me at the cabin because we are on top of the mountain. The thunder and lightning turned to a downpour of hail. I was freaking out a bit, thinking how in the world was I suppose to take pictures of an outdoor wedding in a hail storm. At just about 4:00, when the wedding was suppose to start, it let up a little bit and they were able to carry on as planned. Steve and Misty rode in on horses and got married on the horses. It was so beautiful and romantic. Loved that it wasn't your traditional way of getting married. The wedding party was moved into the cabin where dinner was served and dancing and socializing went on. We had a lot of fun and they look so happy.
We left Sunday about noon. We stopped at Fitzgerald Park on the mountain and took pictures of our "TREE". The one with our names carved in it. Then we stopped at the Monroe Park and ate lunch. When we got home the second we walked in the house I noticed a musty smell and Eric says, "It is hot in here." Not what you expect to come home to. An non-working air conditioner. Makes me realize how spoiled we are. That stressed us out a little and made us all edgy. We dug out the fans and went to sleep. Monday morning I called the repair guy and he had it fixed by 10:30. Thankfully it was an inexpensive part.
No comments:
Post a Comment